بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Our Lord, forgive us for our misdeeds and our rash, indiscrete, extremities; reinforce our resolutions; and help us over the disbelieving people.
Ali Imraan 3:147
Staying Focused on Goals
لَتَرۡكَبُنَّ طَبَقًا عَن طَبَقٍ۬
That you shall assuredly pass on from one stage to another. (Surah Al Inshiqaq 84:19)
Progress in life is, passing one stage to another = making changes, learning and adapting.
The bigger the change, the steeper the road.
The successful ones are they who brave the change, take on the task diligently and actually take the steps to walk, run and ride with the wind. (Note: Successful people plan power rests. So, schedule rest too.)
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1) Find out what drives you to change. (Motivations)
There is normally more than one reason. Writing it down might helps you remember them (especially when the going gets tough).
2) Make small achievable steps towards the goal.
If the goal is to get an A for an exam or parenting, small steps might include a topical plan that lays out daily readings, memorising, practice etc.
3) Remind oneself regularly of it.
– make a poster n use it as place-mats
– Put it on your screensaver / sticky notes
– use it as a password
4) Include it in your every prayer. Especially before you sleep. Say it to yourself as a positive affirmation. “I will be courageous, more positive, more compassionate, more diligent and complete my journey reasonably well.”
5) Gather friends with the same goal. Find your Tribe and motivate each other!
When the going gets tough (as it definitely will, especially at the end), root yourself and hold on to your goal – as if your life depended on it.
Insya Allah! Bittaufiq wannajah.